Dell has officially rolled out the Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) update to the Dell Streak 7 tablet in Europe as well as in the US but not all regions have received the update so far. Here is a step by step guide to help you get the latest Android version on your Streak 7.‹ Go back to the blog
OFFICIAL EUROPE AND USA STREAK 7 ANDROID HONEYCOMB UPDATE:
- Make sure your Streak 7 can access the Internet and that the signal is strong.
- On your tablet, go to Menu > Settings > About > System updates.
UNOFFICIAL STREAK 7 ANDROID HONEYCOMB UPDATE:
If you have not received the official Dell update, I recommend you either wait a little bit longer, or, if you are willing to mess with your tablet, proceed below:
- Install ROM Manager, which you can get here along with video instructions.
- Once ROM Manager is on your Streak 7, use it to install a program called ClockWorkMod. The video in the link above shows you how to do that. Install version 3.0. This process is also called "flashing ClockWorkMod".
- Forum member TheManii from the XDA Developer Forum gives step by step instructions for how to get the correct update onto your Streak 7. View the instructions here and read them carefully.
If you want to see what Android 3.2 looks like before you do the update, check this article on StreakSmart.
And if your Streak 7 is still locked to a carrier, it's time to unlock it with UnlockStreak. Unlocking removes the SIM lock on the tablet and lets you use your Streak 7 on any carrier worldwide.